Wednesday 4 April 2018

Wednesday Link-UP

I have been linking up with Jo for a long time, mostly for UFO challenges.  It has been helpful to have a focus. And I’m sure it has resulted in more progress than I could have made on my own.  However, I’m more than willing to switch over to a general link-up as I’m working more than just UFOs lately. Jo's Link Up
After I finished the Irish Chain quilt for my Sister-In-law, I went back to making a back for my hubby’s retirement quilt.  The first thought I had was to do a Scrappy Bargello. Why? Well, I found another panel already assembled and a big stack of strips already cut. So for a few days I worked on that.
2018-04-04 13.56.33 Then I had second thoughts about it.  And I had a look at the stack of fabrics I have accumulating for backs.  One of them was a twin coverlet in a faux crazy quilt pattern.  After taking it apart, it looked like it would work, with some help.
2018-04-04 13.56.43While I was working on these two items, my hubby put in a request for another baby quilt for a co-worker. The first thing I thought of was all the lovely fabric in the order from Quilted Twins I had just picked up.
And I went flipping through past projects looking for something fast and easy. Coming up with a Chinese Coins using the Crayola fabric supplemented with the Toy Chest 2 from Penny Rose fabrics.
2018-04-02 13.31.17 It came together as fast as I had hoped.
The border looks red in this picture but it is really a bright raspberry. It was so much fun to do.  Now I’m using the Toy Chest fabrics to make a Baby Bargello.
2018-04-04 13.57.15So that’s what I’ve been up.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been really busy sewing! I love that scrappy Bargello pattern and chinese coins is always a great quicky quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. I hadn't done one in a long time, it was very refreshing to have no fussing with seams lining up or small pieces

      Delete