Thursday, 19 November 2015

Challenge update, week ??

yes, I’ve totally lost track of the challenge.  I did get a little done last week. I thought I could just finish the webbing of the rows and have something to post about.
Nope. Somehow I got some of the blocks turned the wrong way. I realized it wasn’t going together right and stopped to try and figure it out. And there it sits waiting for me to figure out what’s wrong.
2015-11-11 18.52.50
It’s a very busy pattern and the blocks go together in alternating alignment so tracing the fault requires some effort. And a place to lay it out. Right now it is spread out on my daughter’s bed waiting some attention.
Because my attention has been fully focused on the Quartrefoil quilt. A week of assembly line sewing got all the sub-units done and then  all 30 blocks.
2015-11-16 22.02.46

My mission right now is webbing them with the added sashing strips and cornerstones. Have been so single-minded on this goal I didn’t even get dressed yesterday. Which really came back to bite me when I realized at 5 pm. that it was the third Wednesday and guild night.  I could have scrambled and made it across the city in time but we are down to one car and hubby also had a meeting. So I went back to sewing and got another row done.  The Big Black Star quilt is getting it’s snowball corners trimmed and then will be ready to assemble.
So now to link up with  Jo and admit my lack of progress, again.

1 comment: