Wednesday 22 February 2017

UFO link up

Whoop, whoop. I have an almost finish. Maybe that was too exuberant as it is still to be quilted.  I found out about a co-worker expecting while at work Friday ( I think I had known and forgotten). So Saturday I looked through my partially completed tops to find something that would finish up fast.  And there it was, one of Bonnie’s Streak of Sunshine free pattern tops I had done in a transportation theme. All it was missing were the borders. Surprisingly, given my previously slow border making, these went together quickly. Of course it is only a baby quilt and only needs one WOF for each side. Plus it had a theme  which simplified picking fabrics. And while checking it over, I realized it was missing boats so that make the final border choice simple. The darker blue interior border is a space-themed fabric which echoed the colours of the interior well.

The rest of the weekend was spent working on the En Provence mystery, so I didn't get back to this until yesterday.
2017-02-21 11.16.35
This is me trying out the basement stairwell as a basting wall. It might work but I was leery of the pins I use scratching up the drywall. For the tryout I only used painters tape.
Fortunately, we are having incredibly mild weather this week, so I opened up my shed and used the basting wall I set up in there.  I was even able to work out there with no heater on and the doors open it is so mild.  Now I just have to get it quilted.
The hold up is an internal debate over the quilting pattern. I have used a diagonal line through the blocks on this pattern in the past and not been thrilled with it. Right now I'm thinking of  either doing an edge to edge squiggle or quilting a quarter inch away from the seams but can’t seem to make a choice. 
So while I’m thinking it over, I’ll link up with Jo over at the Country Junction and see what everyone else is doing.

2 comments:

  1. wow - something almost ready - isn't that fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting a top together. Making UFO progress is something most of us need to do.

    Our February weather has been very mild too. The daffodils are blooming. Let's hear it for spring!

    ReplyDelete