Well, finished top. I decided last week that a big factor in not getting any UFOs finished was that none were being worked on. All my effort was being expended on new projects. So pulled out a stack of blocks that have been sitting neglected and figured out what would pull them together.
A lot of my week was taking up with cutting and cutting and cutting. It seemed like it would go on forever. But it didn’t and now I am sewing again. This time two non-Bonnie patterns.
One from Becky at Quilted Twins, called Show Off that I hoped would make a dent in my shirts. Maybe not a dent but it did make me go all though them looking for 49 different patterns. The biggest part of this is a single piece, so no sewing. But a whole bunch of nine patches yet to make.
The other project is a sew-along of a Mickey Depre pattern, Abacus. This needed lots and lots of HST.
And certainly looks better from a distance. Up close the neutrals seem too distracting to me.
And another sew-along project got finished. I picked up some orders from Quilted Twins which included a piece that I thought would finish off Nifty Thrift just right. It did.
I was really impressed with how I got it to line up so the pattern continues from the sides to the top and bottom.
And that’s it for now. The sun is shining, the garden is growing and I’m off to do some weeding and watering.
But first to link up with Jo and sew what everyone else is doing at Jo’s Country Junction