Monday 30 April 2018

Another Monday String update

Whew, this has been a busy week. A lot of it not blog worthy. Nobody wants to hear about my adventures in ditch digging, gravel in-filling and garden clean up. But that’s where I was every non-rainy day.  Some tangible rewards for my effort: puddle area in front of clothes line is no longer a puddle, ruts from wheels in driveway gone, seeds in the ground.
2018-04-22 13.58.032018-04-22 13.58.20To the left, a row of snow peas and spinach, hidden by my shadow, a row of kale. Picture to the right is my garlic that was planted in October. I’m tilling up the area in front where I planted a fall crop of carrots and beets.
For the plants that can’t handle April, we have set up a grow light and started our tomatoes and peppers.
2018-04-30 12.35.19
On the days that it was raining and those seemed to be too frequent, I worked on the rainbow Bargello. With some string units as leader and enders.
2018-04-30 12.09.362018-04-30 12.10.05







My current dither is whether to go on with the bargello, adding another column or stop now and add borders. It came out long and skinny, 33 X 53.5. Which is sort of like a crib blanket size.  It probably needs another stair step unit, and I am just being too eager to get on to something new. That happens, short little attention span in action. And I do have two new projects to get on with.
While we were at a family function yesterday an invitation was issued for a cousin’s wedding. Why a verbal invitation? We weren’t on the original list but are being included as the transportation of my husband’s parents. As in; if you want them to attend,we will have to drive them. So now a wedding quilt needs to be done…. in six weeks.  I have a plan. More about it later, the sun has decided to come out and I need to get outside to do stuff before the rain comes back.
Now to link up with Jo: String Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment