Tuesday 27 August 2013

We are stripped bare by the curse of plenty.

Sir Winston Churchill

I have been paralyzed by the curse of plenty more than stripped bare but this was the only quote I could find in the time I allowed myself to search.

I really wanted to do a good post about the wonderful trip we had coming home from North Carolina.  All the beautiful mountains, interesting things we saw, however I have almost 300 pictures and there is no way I can go through them all or post even half.

So here is a very, very brief synopsis :

biltmorvilge

We spent half a day walking around Biltmore Village in Asheville. Very quaint, they even made their playground equipment Tudor style.

 

 

quilt1

 

We had great fun doing all the antique malls we could find. I took pictures of quilts I found and sewing machines. Didn’t buy any, but had lots of fun and saw some really interesting patterns and machines. Only saw two featherweights.

 

fancygap

  I took lots of pictures of mountains. Mostly badly, as it was from a moving van. This was one of the few out of van, standing still photos. This is the view from Fancy Gap, Virginia. We went fabric and pottery shopping. I bought lots of fabric and should have bought two more pots than I did. The store smelled musty and the fabric too. After a day driving with the smell, DH triple bagged it all.

tunnrl

 

Driving under a mountain, how cool is that? Very cool. And going from Virginia to West Virginia you get to do it twice.

This is all the trip stuff for now, maybe I’ll do more on the quilt or machines but now the other plenty I am suffering.

bigmove

Three days after we returned, DD2 moved out of her apartment and into a bedroom here. And the living room, and everywhere else we could find to put down a box. It took two days to clear enough boxes for me to get into my sewing room.  We are working at this but it’s going to take some time to sort it all out and find places for stuff. But we will because “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, They have to take you in.”
Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment