Wednesday 29 November 2017

Update on UFOs

Really feel like I am making some progress this week.
I got back to the Neutral Jacob’s Ladder. Figured out how to make the few strips of special fabric I had go all the way around the border. Then got a back  pieced for it. And they are all hanging on the basting wall ready to be basted. Except I just noticed one of the border needs a touch up with the iron, so it will have to come down again.

2017-11-29 15.56.45 See the border fabric, it is really unique and I have had a hard time figuring out where to use it. So much so , that I chopped up one length for string piecing. That’s why I thought it was going to be tough to get enough to go around. But I had seven strips and given the large blank areas it was easy enough to put all the cut off bits from the sides onto the top and bottom. The colour was a strange one as well, beige with a greenish tinge and it just happened to match the flecks of colour in the brown border. Looking at it now I can see the backing is obviously too large and will have to be cut down.

As well as this, I also worked on the last border of last year’s Bonnie mystery. And can now cross that off the to-do list. It is a completed top.


2017-11-29 15.49.06So, with two UFO’s off my list, what is next? Another mystery, this time from 2015 and from a different designer.
2017-11-29 16.22.27 Three more clues to go.
Now to link up with Jo and see what everyone else has done this week.
Jo's Country Junction

No comments:

Post a Comment