Monday 18 December 2017

Monday, Monday

Blame it on Bonnie, she said it first and now that tune is stuck in my head.  And she’s also the source of my obsession,  fondness for recycled shirts as fabric. Although Jo was the source of the box that I picked up Friday.  Since I am linking with both, I will apportion blame equally. Thus the fabric overload situation I am currently dealing with. Not only did I get a ginormous box of shirts that need to be cut up, I also picked up a half dozen packages from Quilted Twins that have been accumulating at my US mail box.  I received so much fabric I didn’t know which to fondle first.

  2017-12-17 14.23.22
So I left it all and went to sew. And sew, and sew. These string blocks seem to be going on forever. Just when I think I am coming to the end of the neutral blocks, I find another clip of papers. Or two.2017-12-18 11.35.49

I cut more of the kites for the Spider Web blocks while I was down cutting pieces for the mystery clue 4 . At the same time I measured the kite fabric so I would have an idea of how many more I can make. Lots and lots.  (110 at least)
2017-12-18 10.47.15
And in between the two string projects, I sewed some mystery pieces.  They still need to be ironed on the next trip to the basement sewing room but here they are.
2017-12-18 10.53.31
So that brings me up to date on everything I’m working on. Now to link up and see what everyone else has done.

Bonnie's Mystery Link UP

Jo's String Quilt Link UP

5 comments:

  1. Now I'm going to have "Monday Monday" in my head, even though it is Tuesday here!

    Looks like you have plenty of fabrics and projects to keep you busy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the ear-worm. I somehow have find a way to sew faster in order to make all the projects I have planned for this.

      Delete
  2. I find string piecing extremely relaxing and use it as a "treat" when I need some brainless sewing... or procrastinating.
    Good job on those On Ringo Lake units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. The only part of string piecing I don't like is the mess it makes.

      Delete
  3. I bought more shirts the other day...I can't not buy them. UGH.

    ReplyDelete