Sunday 4 February 2018

BOM update

Linking up with Jo for the Block of the Month Challenge:
I did get one of my BOM done last month.  Well almost all done. It was supposed to have embroidery in the centre block. However any time I spent working on this was spent looking for my embroidery hoop.
Only to discover when I did find it and put the block together, that I had traced the design on the wrong side of the fabric.
2018-02-04 14.19.27 Not sure if I am going to re-trace the numbers. Too much else going on right now to think about it.
I did pull another pattern for this month and selected fabrics for it. So on track with that.
2018-02-04 14.20.17-1I haven’t started cutting yet.
Instead I’ve been trying to print more shapes for my hand-pieced Double Wedding Ring project.  Looking back through the documents, it seems I first downloaded this from Inklingo in September 2014. It has dragged on so long due to being a hand project that only comes out when we are traveling.
And since it is an Inklingo project, the only way to get new pieces cut is to print them on the fabric with my ink-jet printer. And that is not going well. It is refusing to load the waxpaper-fabric combination. I don't think this is because of the combination as it does this to me with paper also. But it is frustrating as heck.  I need these printed so I can take them when we leave next Saturday for the Caribbean. 
So back to pushing buttons and trying over and over to get this to load.  Or I just make a template and cut them individually. It is doubly frustrating since this is the only reason to have this printer and I kicked up a fuss to buy it because it was supposed to work so well printing Inklingo. Definitely time for a vacation, everything is going haywire on me.
Addendum: I called in my IT guy. Hubby came and spent some time problem solving the issue. He finally got two pages printed for me before going back to vitally important things, something about a foot long ball or a show in half time. I don't know what he's talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Bon voyage!

    Glad you got some printed, so you can continue this project on your holiday.

    ReplyDelete