Wednesday 13 June 2012

Getting it done

Have been busy for the past few days getting things done. The deadline approaches for our trip to the east coast and the wedding. I have been making the Orca Bay quilt as a gift for the soon to be newly weds and the thought of it not being finished was eating away at me. However, the free motion quilting I tried first didn't work out, so I ripped it out and decided to hand quilt. Then the hand quilting was not going fast enough and didn't look as good as it should. Mulling things over I came to the realization that the problem was the basting. Yesterday I ripped out the quilting, took the layers apart and re-basted. Today I machine quilted using the walking foot and was happy with the results.



I tried something new, using hair clips to gather up the quilt and it seemed to work well.  Things went so well, I thought I would try the free-motion quilting foot again. Just on the sawtooth border to practice.
It came out pretty good. Now to get the binding done


No comments:

Post a Comment