Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Getting it done

Have been busy for the past few days getting things done. The deadline approaches for our trip to the east coast and the wedding. I have been making the Orca Bay quilt as a gift for the soon to be newly weds and the thought of it not being finished was eating away at me. However, the free motion quilting I tried first didn't work out, so I ripped it out and decided to hand quilt. Then the hand quilting was not going fast enough and didn't look as good as it should. Mulling things over I came to the realization that the problem was the basting. Yesterday I ripped out the quilting, took the layers apart and re-basted. Today I machine quilted using the walking foot and was happy with the results.

I tried something new, using hair clips to gather up the quilt and it seemed to work well.  Things went so well, I thought I would try the free-motion quilting foot again. Just on the sawtooth border to practice.
It came out pretty good. Now to get the binding done

No comments:

Post a Comment