Sunday, 14 July 2013

Sunday sum-up

I worked on quite a few projects this week, none of which qualifies as a finish. But I am seeing progress on some of them.

One thing that absorbed a great deal of my time was hunting for backing for the Calgary quilt tops. I had a hard time deciding and for the Trip Around the World I ended up piecing a back.  It was just too large for a one fabric back.  It actually eliminated one of my on-going UFO, the Geese on a String.  Bonnie had started this on one of her quilt cam’s and I got quite a few together.

TAWBak  The geese were already strung in strips so I cut pieces of fabric to go between to make up the length of the quilt top.  Once I had this together, the box was mailed off to the Matt Sparrow’s studio.



While working on the Calgary tops, I put together these 4’s. Not sure yet if they will become a stand alone quilt or end up as a border. I think I’ve almost finished this batch of 4’s. There were 40 of them when I started.

And I was working on the Princess Quilt because I felt like I have too many quilts due for August and should get some of them out of the way. So it is ready for quilting.

princesses(not in this picture tho, this is just getting ready for the binding to be attached).

But best of all, the most exciting almost finish is the Easy Street Blocks.  All of them done. Now to get the rows together.  That’ll have to wait until next week. easyblks

1 comment:

  1. Geez Mary, you've been really busy and productive! I really like the four patches in rows the colors a great and so cheers, full! And I really like the colors on your Easy Street too! cheers, CW