Wow, week 5 is here already. Time to link up with Jo's Bonnie Challenge and see what everyone has done this week.
I’ve made great progress and can even imagine being finished Celtic Solstice by next week. Which would be a good segue, the end of this mystery quilt and the start of a new one.
I marked a few swirls free had with chalk to start off the border quilting. Then once I had the pattern established in my mind, I did the rest with no marking.
That left just the trimming and binding. Done and half done.
Since this is going to be “our” quilt, I took the opportunity to get familiar with the binding tool we bought when I first got this machine. I had been hesitant to experiment with someone else’s quilt so had held off other that a few test pieces. The big stumbling block for me was turning corners. The You Tube video that is recommended for learning this had a convoluted (to me) way of cornering. Fortunately while we were walking around the Quilt Canada Market, DH talked me into asking the Janome salesrep about the binding tool. She turned out to be an expert user of it and give me a quick lesson with a better way to do the corners. So today I am doing it her way, and it is working. Two corners done so far, just took a break to come post this.
Another success, still have the geraniums in bloom, despite the winter weather that has dumped on us. I’m loving sitting sewing looking at them.
In anticipation of finishing off Solstice, I’ve picked another UFO of Bonnie’s to work on next. Pfefferneuse (from String Fling) is ready for borders, so I dug out another 2013 project. Ring Around the Hexies from Bonnie and Mickey Dupree. I stuffed this in a box when I had some deadline quilts and never got back to it.
Only three hexies left to finish that last block, and then the sashing HST. Time to “get’er done”. Not sure I can finish this in a week but at least it is back in active duty.
but first, back to the binding while the sun is still shinning in my bay window.