Thursday, 8 December 2016
On-going border skirmishes
I did get a UFO completed this week, up to the point of needing a border. Now a search of the stash to find something suitable.
This wasn’t a Bonnie Hunter pattern, wasn’t even a pattern at all that I know. This was a block exchange with a Facebook quilting group where we all made one of the blocks picked for the month then at the end of the month, names were drawn to receive the blocks. I was lucky enough to win last November’s draw and have been trying to put them together. A big part of it was deciding how to sash them. I didn't want to take attention away from the blocks with a distracting sashing. So I just used 1.5 inch strips of neutrals with a corner stone of a strip fabric to try and mimic the strips of the string blocks. I got them mostly webbed together before the move and they have been stashed away in a box ever since.
Which, given how beautiful they all are was a terrible place for them. So while we were doing UFO's I decided to pull this one out and finish it up. I was thinking about a skinny dark blue and then a wider neutral to finish it off but am still pondering it.
It needs something to tame the edges before I try and quilt. These are stars made of 3.5 inch string blocks, so the edge of the block is made of of dozens of seams. Doing this as an exchange was a wonderful idea. There are so many different types of fabrics in there, I could never have duplicated the effect.
I did get more done on the En Provence Mystery. Even finished Clue Two. But didn’t get a post written Monday and decided not to try and add one later.
Here’s my clue two in all it’s yumminess. Love this fabric. Good thing, I have lots of it left over.
Linking up with Jo to report my UFO progress and see what’s up at the Junction