An unsuccessful week on the UFOs. Did not get any borders on the string star quilt. I did a fair bit of sewing but most of it was four patches for the mystery and more four patches for a sew-along.
I did find the fabric I wanted for the outer border but now having second thoughts about the inner border. I had wanted blue but looking at them together I’m thinking more towards a brown.
Or maybe a dark red, or violet.
Fun fabric though. I think they are lace making bobbins. It came with a bunch of stuff given to me two years ago and I haven’t found anything to do with it. I think she was going to use it as a border because it is long, narrow strips of fabric.
I worked on another border for a mystery I took part in back in September. Almost done but need another piece of fabric which is currently out in my shed and means getting geared up to go out in the snow to cut more of it. So I’m just sitting and sewing four patches.
Lots and lots of four patches. So much so, that I have spread out all over the dining room.
Linking up with Jo at the Country Junction to see what everyone is doing this week.