Saturday 3 March 2018

BOM challenge update

I did get another block done of my Block of the Month challenge.  I worked on it before we went on vacation so had a head start.
2018-03-03 19.51.55 It was pretty straight forward construction especially once I pulled out my Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers.
I have another pattern pulled and will start working on it soon.
My focus for the recent week has been finishing the quilt I was doing for my hubby. I had intended it as his retirement present, but it wasn’t finished when he officially retired back in December. So then I thought I would give it to him on his birthday,which was this Tuesday.  I missed it by a day, and it was only the top but he was very pleased with it.
2018-02-28 16.34.57This is the pattern “Checkered Past” by Becky at Quilted Twins except, without the outer borders. I made a mistake and made too many of the shirt blocks, so I just stopped at the inner border. And see the pocket with the stain, that was actually one of his favorite shirts until I washed it with a pen in the pocket. Normally when making a quilt I would discard that piece, but seeing as it is for him I deliberately included it. ( I know it won’t run because I washed that shirt over and over trying to get the stain out) . There are several others, not as visible in the picture, that he was very pleased to see again.
Now I am working on the back for it.  But first I have to hem some curtains for my brother-in-law. I can’t believe I let him talked me into it.
Linking up with Jo for the BOM Challenge

1 comment:

  1. That's a great looking quilt - and I love the idea of including the ink stain.

    ReplyDelete