Wednesday 7 March 2018

UFO update

Now that the retirement top is finished, I am working on a UFO. This one isn’t my UFO but another of the quilt tops that my Sister-In-Law asked me to finish for her. These were started by her late mother and the plan was for me to finish them so they could go to the grandkids. AKA my SIL’s daughters.
I finished one and gave it to her when they were here in October. The other one was hanging over my head all winter. The voice in the back of head kept reminding me that I needed to get it done but other projects keep pushing it down the priority list. Then my Brother-In-Law announced an impending visit and it jumped the queue.
The biggest reason I was putting this off ? Hand Quilting. This was 90% finished with an intense hand quilting, and I had promised to complete that.
And as per standard, once I stopped procrastinating and settled down to do it, not as bad as I thought. Two sides are now done, I turned the corner last night and am well on my way down the third. My big question now is what to do with the outside green border, and would it look too incomplete if I don’t do any quilting in it.
Well, lots of stitches to go before I have to reach my decision.
Now to link up with Jo's Country Junction

2018-03-07 10.52.432018-03-07 10.56.192018-03-07 10.54.38
I almost forgot another UFO I've been picking away at, the Four Patch Revisited. It got webbed together just before we left on vacation and I've gotten 6 rows sew since coming back.
While working on this, I got to thinking about Jo's mission to finish every quilt in one of Bonnie's books . I can't remember just now which one she's working on but it inspired me to check out how many I had done in the book I had in front of me.  And it turns out I have a third of the quilts in Adventures with Leaders and Enders either in progress or finished. So... maybe I should make that a goal, finish all the quilts in one of Bonnie's books before I buy another one? Still thinking about it. One thing about hand quilting, lots of time to think.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! Thinking always gets me in trouble! ;) I have a very soft spot in my heart for hand quilting, yours is gorgeous. I love that scrappy 4-patch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I think I have avoid it because I am never satisfied with my stitches. Getting much better at just letting go the perfectionism.

      Delete
  2. Making every quilt in one of Bonnie's books would be a challenge! I've made 2 out of "Addicted to Scraps" and am contemplating a third one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at my rows and rows of pattern books and print-outs of patterns, I am thinking more and more, that I really need to work with what I already have. And to stop running out and buying more.

      Delete
  3. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังไทย

    ReplyDelete