Friday 16 March 2018

Drowning in fabric

and unable to sew a stitch.
My sister-in-law arrived Wednesday. This visit was the reason I was working so hard on the hand quilting project. I didn’t finish but got really close, only one side left in red border to mark and quilt. But it’s ok, she’s really not in a rush, as she has told me numerous times.  It did give me a chance to confer with her on the outer green border; quilting or no quilting. Her vote was don’t quilt just bind it off when I’m done with the red border. And we came to an agreement on the binding to use.  So very good outcome.
As a big bonus, she brought another load of fabric from her mother’s stash. Which I would dearly love to be sorting through, ironing,  and finding quilts to use them in. However, along with their visit, comes a string of dinners and social times. Which means, I can’t spread the new fabrics all over or sequester myself in the sewing room for hours.
It’s a real challenge.  But here’s some pictures of the fabrics I snapped as I was unpacking them.

Cat refused to let me get more pictures
2018-03-16 19.55.47
  Blues
2018-03-16 19.56.02
Blue/White floral
2018-03-16 19.56.49
Various reds, much more vibrant ( bad light)
A lot of reds. In large size pieces, most at least a half yard, some even a yard. Off the top of my head I’m thinking another Pfefferneuse.  And a good many dark blues, as well as some florals. That blue and white piece might even be 3 yard. Oh, I so want to go iron these and look through patterns.
But we are waiting for company to show up, the house is cleaned, all fabrics tucked away from the main floor. 
Maybe I could just flip through a book or two…..

No comments:

Post a Comment