Wednesday 19 December 2018

Mystery Monday Link-up


Well, finally I have something to post. Actually, I’ve been doing lots of sewing. It’s just a combination of bad habits that have kept me from writing posts. Things like procrastination, distractibility and quilters attention disorder.  But I’m going to get back to it.
If I had posted the first week, I would have been very confident. I had completed all my cutting and piecing was right on track.
2018-11-26 15.14.38
The second week started not as confident. I didn’t have enough blues for my liking, due to the amount I’ve been using. ( seriously, did every quilt I did last year need blue?). So all the pieces didn’t get cut, therfore all didn’t get sewn. New blue was purchased at my Monday sewing group. ( so handy that it is in a quilt shop).  But already falling behind since that was the week I decided to finish a top for my nephew’s present.
2018-12-19 12.38.57
The third week, I  fell even more behind. While I did get all the green pieces cut, I only have a quarter of the neutrals cut and marked. And none of them sewn.
2018-12-19 12.37.22
And that brings me to this week. I pulled all the orange scraps and strings that I could find in various bins. Plus I sliced some of the fabrics I had pulled for this mystery. And I cut all the pieces of paper I would need. That was all ready to take to my Monday group and sew. Which did happen for a grand total of 10 completed. Given that it was also the Xmas luncheon for the group, I felt it was pretty productive. Also, I was alternating with the red strings for a Talking Turkey that has been ongoing since spring.
2018-12-19 12.36.32
And the quilt for my nephew?  Completed and mailed. It was Nifty Thrifty from one of Bonnie’s books ( will have to look up which one later because that is the sort of thing that totally distracts me from finishing these posts. If i get up and go look in the sewing room for the book, I will start finding things to work on and never get back to this and end up discarding it)
2018-12-15 14.22.30
So, there it is. A finished blog post to link up with Bonnie. Going to go put a gold star on my calendar !

2 comments:

  1. Well-deserved gold star!
    Your nephew's quilt looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope he feels the same, the scrappy shirts aren't to everyone's taste.

      Delete