Monday 31 December 2018

Another Monday, another link-up



Woot woot ! I’m on a roll. Both with the posting and the sewing. Enough so that I almost thought I”d get this done early today. But life gets complicated some times so here it is halfway through the day before I get anything to link to Bonnie. On the bright side, it is still Monday.
I didn’t get all of the outstanding units finished but I did make a huge dent in the pile.,
2018-12-31 15.18.48 Doing the string piecing on papers this big was a new one for me, but boy is it going fast.
The orange ones, not so fast. Working with papers that small ( I went and cut them all before I realized how fiddly it was) is time consuming. So I fudged a bit and started sewing strips, then cutting them down to size. That is speeding things up.
And boy was I ever glad for the Scrap User System with the last clue. I did need to cut some neutrals, they always seem to be depleted. But digging through my 2 inch bin I discovered a whole roll of orange strips from a Strip Exchange I took part in three (?) years ago. They are adding lots of variety to my quarter square triangles.
2018-12-31 15.18.32
Almost finished sewing these together, then I’ll go back to strings.
This has really rekindled my mojo. And given that my sewing group is on hiatus for the holidays I needed it.  Who knows, maybe by the time the group starts up again in the new year we will be putting blocks together. And this time I will have all the pieces.
Now off to post this and link up with Bonnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment