Monday 7 January 2013

Easy St. Finale



Not a finish like some of the posts over at Bonnie's link up. Mystery-monday-link-up , still a work in progress.  I have the large triangles all done and the four corners.  Have started piecing block A. Then I discovered that I hadn't finished the 128 double bricks. So sewing on those in between.  But looking at the blocks I have on the wall,  I'm unhappy with some of the white/black fabrics. One of them is too dark. I might have to do something about this. Don't have the energy to take them all out, maybe I'll just remove them from any future blocks.

I was really happy with my ability to keep up with the clues this year. Most of that due to the wonderful portion control on Bonnie's part. And if we hadn't come down with the flu here I'm sure I'd be further along. Thanks Bonnie for a great time and challenging us to work outside our comfotable colours and block size.

6 comments:

  1. Your blocks are coming along nicely and sorry to hear you were ill. It has been a terrible flu season here in Ohio. I"m still working on some of those "double bricks" too, but almost ready to start sewing blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! Yes,each clue was very manageable and I really enjoyed that part of the mystery. Sewing them all together will take some time. but the end result is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mary, I really like the way your lights, darks and blk & whites are coming together in the mystery. I still can't believe all you Mystery folks have the patience for such a project, very impressive! cheers, CW

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking good so far mary; hope you are well on the mend....sewing helps, it really does

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, looking good! I will be watching for it to go together. It sure was a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easy Street is looking great. Keep on plugging away, it will be totally worth it. It's been fun working on this with quilters from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete