Sunday 5 May 2013

A Finish–but not mine


I was so excited to see the pictures posted by Jo over at Jo’s Country Junction. She finished the top I sent her and it is wonderful.  She’s done an awesome job.  I can’t believe all the quilts she has done to donate to West, Texas.  The time and effort she’s put into all this just takes my breath away.
This was not a top I did, as I think I mentioned before. Just a mercy bid on a good looking quilt top, that I wound up winning. The seller also included the backing and binding.  Which gave me some trouble, since in the two years since buying I had moved my sewing room twice and things became separated. But all ended well.  
The detail in this top was amazing.  The seller had pieced crumb blocks for the alphabet with every fabric in the block matching the letter.  And some letters had more than one block, making it huge.  Plus numbers in rows on the top and bottom. A work of art.
Meantime, I seem to have misplaced a week or two and somehow Mother’s Day is 6 days from now. These floral churn dash blocks are supposed to be a lap quilt for my MIL.
100_2585
I finished the last blocks today after work. I should be able to finish this up in time. Just have to finalize the border decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment