Thursday 28 November 2013

The night before….

Bonnie’s mystery. And how is the challenge coming? Have not finished quilting on the Scrappy Trips. Did not get the Sister’s Nine Patch sandwiched let alone quilted.
But I did get another flimsy done. This one has been languishing since last year. Only needed the outside border but I was dragging my feet over making more of the checkerboard.
100_3451
A Story Time Star with all the checkerboard. And just in time, hubby asked for another quilt for work. Thankfully for a boy this time, so I can use this.
Not as successful a challenge as I would have liked but did move some  UFO closer to finished quilts.  Having a challenge sparked me to get a little more done.  Who knows, there are a few hours left tonight, maybe ?


Linking up with Jo for her challenge update.

6 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous... I hope you get it finished quickly. It would be difficult to think of this beautiful quilt just sitting and waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful, Mary. Congratulations on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie gets us making lots of fun quilts. I remember when she made the story time stars. The bright colors you used will fit any color scheme. You are very generous with the quilts you give away. This one is a lot of work making the checkerboard sashings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the work part. Found some old pics of the stars in progress and realized it had been a whole year waiting for more checkerboard, procrastination at it's finest

      Delete
  4. I've made the Story-Time Stars, too. But mine is still just a top.
    It's nice that you got it done just as you needed it!

    ReplyDelete