Tuesday 18 September 2012

Hand Sewing Update

Not too consistent. I think I had a few report cards that said that. The sewing is going great, when I take the time to sit down and do it. Liking the Baptist Fans as a quilting design, easy to mark and very forgiving to quilt. But we have spent more time in the evening runing around, visiting, etc and it is easy to put off sitting down to sew. So in full colour here is the dismal record:
 
The hoop has been moved once and the fans have reached all across the width of the quilt.

In stead of working on hand sewing, I have been distracted by a block I saw on Barbara Brackman's Material Culture. http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.ca/2012/09/moda-candy-in-knickerbocker-kitchen.html. It is called Knickerbocker Kitchen and uses 2 1/2 inch blocks to promote Moda's new precut. Well, since following Bonnie's scrapusers system, that is a size of block I always have around. And I have a lot of juvenile fabric suitable for the large 6 1/2" center block. Including this fairy alphabet I couldn't resist buying but haven't found a way to use.

I divided the block into lights and darks and used the salad containers to try and make my selection random. Still found myself being a little matchy. The primary colours don't seem to work well with the fairys so I'm setting them aside to use with a Dick & Jane print. Other than some issues with my quarter inch presser foot (alway check the measurement) it is going together quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment