Friday, 12 October 2012

Floribunda Update

Once Thanksgiving was finished, the work on Floribunda resumed. Since the borders were on it was time for a back. Several fabrics were auditioned, this is what i came up with, it wasn't big enough so I did a windopane thing.
 That took a day and a bit to get together, including a momentary brain fart where I cut the side borders at 2.5 instead of the 3.5 they needed to be.  Then on to sandwiching. The kitchen floor wasn't working out, not enough room to walk around the fabric, so I just happend to have this empty room where the painters had just finished
 Sorry for the glare but there were no curtains.
 Several hours later, I quit for the night
Good thing I used the room when I did because this is what it looked like about the time I quit quilting. My DS and DH had gotten this much moved it and it is starting to look like a bedroom instead of a work in progress.


  1. like it fine mary....can't wait to see it done

  2. Six non working days remaining for this masterpiece. Piece of cake, we might even get a movie in. There is no sewing machine installed in the van yet..and won't be for this trip...

  3. Hey Mary, Flora looks great. Those yellows really make it pop! I think I've said that before but it's worth repeating! cheers, CW