Monday 8 January 2018

Monday String Update

My string project took centre stage this week. I really was energized by the sight of them all on the design wall.  And soon there were more.2018-01-08 13.28.10
And the question became, many would be enough? This is largely driven by the length of fabric remaining. Bonnie’s directions show a setting of 5 X 7 or 35 blocks.  I started doing calculation of remaining fabric, how many strips I could get, how many kites that gives and how many blocks that gives. And the number I came up with….33. This is because I took two strips of this fabric for the On Ringo Lake mystery when I decided to go with scrappy sashing.
Have decided to just go for it and make as many as I can.  And in the end if I need two more blocks, maybe I can piece some cut off bits into big enough pieces for kites. Thrown in amidst the rest of the scrappy, strings they might not be noticed.
In the meantime, I need to spend more time on the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt. It actually has a deadline which is now less than a month away. Have almost finished attaching the Stones and Bricks together, just 9 left to go. Then comes the tricky bit, putting them in twos. Do I just do random, pull from a pile or try for some organization?
Really tempted to go with randomness
This could be a case of overthinking it if I try and im2018-01-08 13.20.51pose some sort of order on these. Although since there are three of most bricks I was going to try and keep the duplicates in different areas maybe assemble in thirds.
Time to link up with Jo's String Update and spend some time looking at others progress. Procrastination is my motto.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the design wall is such a great motivation - great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that I have one, I wonder how I ever did without

      Delete