Wednesday 17 January 2018

UFO Challenge Update

This week I can almost cross a two year UFO off my list. The neutral Jacob’s Ladder is quilted and awaits binding. It has been hanging on the basting wall for probably a month, while I was too busy with other things. However, I needed to get the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt done as it is on a deadline. So Jacob had to come down, and rather than take it down unbasted, it got basted. And then it got quilted.
20180115_12042120180115_12045820180115_120513
Now it just needs binding cut and applied. I started calculating for a continuous binding and even got the first cut of the fabric. I was so pleased to find a really good match for the border fabric in my solids, it is almost the same shade as the lettering, a really difficult greeny beige that goes with hardly anything.  The quilting in this one is  simple diagonal and straight lines with a heart loop in the border.
But I needed to keep quilting momentum going. So before I switched to the binding attachment,  I jumped in and basted the Bricks and started quilting. Almost finished today. Just one more row of the quilting in the body of the quilt then the border.
20180116_201837Not quite sure on the binding for this one, if I had something in mind, I’ve forgotten what it was. It is probably sitting in plain sight waiting for me in the sewing room. I’m feeling unwell tonight, not bad enough to say “sick”, just not myself. We have done really well at dodging all the illness going around this winter but had a very sociable weekend so might have picked up a bug. Thus, I am writing this up ahead of tomorrow's link up with Jo and putting myself to bed to rest.

4 comments:

  1. OH NO!! Get better soon! I love the Jacob's Ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go-go-go on those UFOs!! And I hope you aren't coming down with this awful flu that's going around! Folks in these parts are having it for weeks on end! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jacob's Ladder. Must make myself one one day. Yours is beautiful in neutrals.

    Hope your un-wellness doesn't develop into anything bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to reassure you all that it wasn't too serious. A couple of days of rest and I was back at it.

      Delete