Monday 15 January 2018

String Challenge Update : 2018 WK3

Whoo hoo. It looks like I might just have enough to do all 35 blocks for the Spider Web top. I found a clip of the kites underneath some fabric when I tidied up my sewing area.
Just to be sure, I collected all the bits and pieces, sewn blocks, unsewn,  papered and unpapered,  in one pile and re-counted everything. 
Here’s the numbers:
  Blocks and units done 19.75  ( i can’t find a three quarters symbol but since it takes 4 units to a block this represents three units)
Kites cut: 10
Uncut fabric: 24.5 inches = 5 strips of 4.5 inches = 55 potential kites to come
65 potential units = 16.25 blocks
16.25 + 19.75 = 36 blocks
More than enough 20180115_120620
They should teach quilting in math classes.

Ten more units done this week.

Making 5- 6 weeks more of this project. As it has no deadline or destination when complete, I am happy with this pace. And happy with it as a bedroom sewing project. That makes it easy to squeeze in a few stitches between other activities. Now to link up with Jo's String Challenge and see what everyone is up to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment