Monday 22 January 2018

Monday String Update

20180122_130640Well here it is Monday and time to link up with Jo and see what progress has been made on our string projects.
Very Little.
Like only two units done this week, plus some of the pieces I’m going to use as a border.
This is about the worst effort so far. And last week seemed to be just zipping along, full of enthusiasm. Until a head cold smacked right into me and knocked me into hibernation for a few days. Luckily it wasn’t anything worse and I did regain my energy level.
Which I channeled into finishing the quilting on the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt
20180122_130517
Bricks and Stepping Stones
20180122_130522and making binding for the Jacob’s Ladder. (which is the fabric rolled around the thread spool above the Spider units in the first picture)


20180122_130602
Show Off
Oh and I had a brain storm idea about the border for Show Off, so I worked on that for a while. Becky’s pattern called for a piano key border which I had been putting off working on. (I’m quite good at procrastination).
Then while searching for the baby quilts the other week, I came across a strip of shirtings assembled for a bargello. The light bulb went off when it occured to me that I might get three strips of piano key border by subcutting it. ( Bonnie’s Scrappy Bargello pattern calls for 16 inch strips).  That left some more pieces to add on to make the side length but it gave me a quick head start. 
Of course this was only possible because I had forgotten the correct measurement for the border was supposed to be 5.5 inches. For some reason the five stuck in my brain and that’s what I cut. And that’s what I’m going with.
Now off to make binding for the Bricks.

2 comments:

  1. There is something about the plaid quilts that I enjoy viewing. Love your 'Show Off' quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have show off cut out. Haven't stitch a stitch on it yet. Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete