Wednesday 7 November 2012

A little sewing time

I squeezed in a little sewing time today while organizing the new sewing room. Yesterday we got enough done to bring up my featherweight from the basement.
So I had to make some of the disappearing nine patches that have been tempting me for days.
 
Here is the nine patch








And this is what it becomes. Not sure about the scrappy lights, maybe I should have stayed with a constant. But I am enjoying making them.
I'm also working on a pieced back for the crayon box top. Hung a piece of batting to use as a design wall, but it didn't last long, the sticky patches weren't sticky enough. I cut a stack of 10.5" blocks from all my juvenile boys fabrics and was playing around with them trying to get a pleasing arrangement until it ended up like this.




And then like this...






 Back to square one. Tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment